Media Center Services
The MIT Department’s Media Center provides support in the duplication of professional presentation material for faculty, staff and students. In addition, the Center supports portable equipment needed for classroom use.
Procedures for using the Media Center
CD and DVD Duplication Procedures
Fill out the CD/DVD Creation/Duplication request Form (located in MIT)
- Leave the original material and the request form in the “In Box” located in MIT
- When ready, MIT staff will place the copies and originals in the MIT “Out Box” where the requestor may pick the materials up at their convenience.
- MIT is NOT responsible for archiving your material. The requestor will be given the master copy of any customized request for archival purposes
- MIT will provide printable CD’s/DVD’s for all course and college specific requests.
- Requestors requiring over 50 CD’s/DVD’s total will need to notify MIT department, through an email to TX-MIT-Helpdesk@tunxis.edu, 3 weeks prior to the requested beginning date
- MIT will provide single CD/DVD jewel cases or sleeves
- Special requests requiring anything other than this standard will be the responsibility of the requestor
Please allow five (5) business days for CD/DVD Duplication. Customized requests requiring digital editing prior to duplication will take longer. Please note, copyright restrictions apply.
*Please note MIT does not have the ability to copy DVD to DVD unless the original DVD was produced by MIT or the requesting party. Professionally produced DVD’s cannot be duplicated.
Procedures for Scanning of Information
The MIT Department has the ability to scan paper or transparency originals, text or images, into a digital format. The ability to scan information will depend on the size and quality of the copy. Please allow five (5) business days for scanning requests. Please note, copyright restrictions apply.
Fill out the Scanning Request form (located in MIT)
- Leave the information to be scanned (together with the request form) in the -œIn Box- located in MIT
- When ready, MIT staff will place the copies and originals in the MIT -œOut Box- where the requestor may pick the materials up at their convenience.
- MIT can only guarantee 80% accuracy for scanned documents. Verification and modifications are the responsibility of the requestor.
For more information, contact Adrianne Kelly, Director of the Media Instructional Technologies Department.