The Academic Affairs division oversees all credit and developmental courses at the College. In addition, the division handles all academic issues and answers questions concerning curriculum, faculty, counseling/advising, Library, media instructional technology and seven academic departments.
- Academic Strategies- Marguerite Yawin, chair
- Allied Health Division – Mary Bencivengo, division director
- Arts & Media – Carianne Garside, chair
- Business & Technologies – Candace Carbone, chair
- Humanities – Carol Mahmood, chair
- Math & Science – Robert Clark & Robert Smith, Ph.D., co-chairs
- Social Sciences – Francis Coan, Ph.D., chair
- Academic Affairs – This division coordinates scheduling of courses, faculty hiring, college catalog production, new program development, transfer articulation with other institutions and interface of all academic issues with the Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education. The division of Academic Affairs also includes the following departments:
- Counseling/Advising Office – Located in the Main Administration 100 Building, opposite the Records Office, this office guides students in their progress toward a degree and provides counseling support.
- Tunxis Library – The Library is an essential element of the academic environment at Tunxis, providing students with information resources they need to succeed.
- Media Instructional Technology – The Media Instructional Technologies Department supports all classroom technology needs, including distance learning on Blackboard Learn.
This handbook is designed to provide faculty with a lot of information and answer many questions that may arise while teaching at Tunxis.