The College values and celebrates the special accomplishments of its students. Accordingly, Tunxis each year conducts a ceremony to honor student achievement in Leadership and in the Academic Disciplines.
Selection Criteria for the Academic Disciplines:
- currently-enrolled student
- completion of nine credits in the discipline
- demonstrated academic excellence
- minimum of 3.5 GPA in the discipline
- has not earned a degree – associate’s or baccalaureate
Discipline-area faculty members determine award recipients with approval of the Department Chair.
Selection Criteria for Leadership
Student must be a member of an officially recognized student organization at Tunxis-either the Student Government Association or one of the College’s officially recognized clubs. Selection is made by the club advisor based on the student’s dedicated and valued service to that organization.
For more information, contact Christopher Laporte, Director of Student Activities, at 860.773.1362.