EKG Technician Certification
(Approved for WIA Funding)
Meet the demand for cross-trained health professionals by adding EKG skills to your résumé. This comprehensive 50-hour program with lab, prepares you to take the *National Healthcareer Association Certification Exam. The course covers:
- Role of the EKG technician
- Function of the EKG department in a variety of settings (hospital, clinic, office, mobile service)
- Medical terminology related to electrocardiography
- Care and safety of patients, medical & legal aspects
- Anatomy and circulation of the heart and blood vessels
- Electrical conduction system of the heart
- Cardiac cycle (electric system)
- EKG strip analysis (P, Q, R, S,T waveform interpretation)
- Normal sinus rhythm, sinus bradycardia, sinus tachycardia
- Basic EKG interpretation, sinus rhythm, and ventricular rhythms, asystole; example rhythm
- Recognizing artifacts, troubleshooting, tracing problems
- Practice EKG strips, EKG rhythms
- Preparing a patient for EKG
- 12 lead placement, interpretation and troubleshooting
*National HealthCareer Association (NHA) exam fee of $105 not included in course fee.
Open the Continuing Education Registration Form, fill out that page, and follow these instructions:
Course fees are payable at time of registration. No written confirmations are mailed. You are assured of a place in class unless notified otherwise; attend the first class as scheduled.
Register by Facsimile: Complete registration form with VISA, MasterCard or Discover number and expiration date. Fax to 860.606.9732.
Register in Person:
- Monday through Friday: 9AM-4PM
- Register in the Continuing Education office, 700 Building, Room 7-116 (across from the library).
Register by Mail:
Registration form and payment information (checks/money orders made out to Tunxis Community College) must reach us at least one week prior to the start of the course.
Tunxis Community College
Continuing Education Office
271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington, CT 06032
Registration must be completed in full with payment information, date of birth and social security number.For more information contact the Continuing Education office at 860.255.3666.