Professional Development 2015
At Tunxis Community College, our non-credit workshops are aimed at helping people enhance their professional skills and job performance. We call upon a network of instructors who bring years of real world experience and the latest thinking and best practices to their work. Classes are held on campus in Farmington and at our Bristol facility. For more information call 860.314.4700.
Change Your Career: Change Your Life — September 25 (F); TIME TBD
- Join career counselor Eleta Jones for an interactive workshop that will help you develop the next steps in your career plan. You’ll identify your interests, skills and values, create career ideas and a personalized action plan. Jones, Ph.D., LPC, brings more than 30 years of experience in career planning, retirement, job search strategies, resume writing, interviewing and salary negotiations to her practice. She is a licensed professional counselor in the state of Connecticut. Fee: $45
Dealing with Difficult People — June 16 (T); 9:30AM – 12:30PM
- Examine how and why the “difficult people” in your life behave as they do and learn to strengthen your skills in dealing with difficult situations now and in the future. Instructor Deanne Shapiro has more than 30 years of experience as a trainer and consultant in professional development and organizational effectiveness. Fee: $75
Excel Tips and Tricks — June 16 (T); 9AM – 3PM
- This workshop on Excel will give you basics you never knew existed, plus tools, tips and tricks to get things done faster than ever. Instructor Jan Gyurko has been a technology and software instructor for more than 25 years. Her expertise includes Windows and Mac operating systems as well as devices such as iPad, iPhone, Kindle and more. Fee: $95
Influencing Without Authority — August 11 (T); 9:30AM – 3PM
- This one-day workshop, with instructor Deanne Shapiro, will focus on enhancing your effectiveness in using influence and persuasion skills to gain mutual commitment and cooperation. Topics will include how to create rapport, assessing your influencing skills and knowing how to create productive and persuasive dialogue to achieve agreement and commitment. Fee: $99
QuickBooks 2014 – March 2 & 3, 6 – 9 PM
- CPE credits available. This QuickBooks training class covers the fundamentals of using QuickBooks 2014 to track finances of a small business. Stuents will learn how to set up a new company, work with lists, set up inventory, process invoices, work with banks accounts, process payments and enter and pay bills. Please bring a flash drive to class. Text is available at Tunxis Book Store. Held at Tunxis@Bristol. Fee: $195
Take Charge of Your Reputation — May 1 (F); 9AM – 1PM
- You may be surprised to learn that how you see yourself is rarely the way that others see you. With guidance from acclaimed leadership coach Ann Gowdey, you will reflect on the values, traits and characteristics, and the personal or professional legacy you want to build. With this self-knowledge, you will learn to manage your reputation so that others know the real you. Fee: $55
Writing Power: How to Improve Your Business Communication — June 23 (T); 9AM – 12:30PM
- Learn how to create more powerful written communication. Join writer and communication consultant Chris John Amorosino for a half-day workshop that will cover strategies and tactics to help you write with more clarity, brevity and understanding. Amorosino is a writing and content marketing consultant for businesses and organizations across Connecticut. Fee: $85
To register for a course:
- Call 860.314.4700
- If you are a State of Connecticut Employee please contact your agency’s Training Approval officer about internal policies and procedures. Click here for a list of Training Approval Officers.
For more information, contact Tunxis@Bristol at 860.314.4700.