International Week Events 3/11-14
The community is invited to events to mark International Week, held March 11-14 at Tunxis. Those events that are open to the public are noted at the end of each listing.
• March 11, 12-2 p.m., Cafeteria, courtyard—Mariachi Connecticut, Los Trovadores de América strolling Mariachi Band. Serenade will conclude in Founders Hall. Open to the public.
• March 12, 1:50-2:20 p.m., Founders Hall—Student Forum on Culture. Open to Tunxis students, faculty and classes.
• March 13, 12:30-1:30 p.m., Cafeteria—Flamenco dance and guitar performance with Melinda Marquez and Val Ramos. Open to the public.
• March 14, 10-11:15 a.m. & 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m., Cafeteria—Salsa lessons with Armando González and a female dance partner. Open to the public.
• March 14, 4-5 p.m., Room 201—International Trivia Contest. Students are welcome to participate in the actual contest or just observe. Students, who can make their own teams of three or be assigned to a team, will compete on international trivia questions. One faculty allowed per team. Prizes will be awarded to the winning team. Those who are interested can sign up with Marie Clucas (email@example.com) or Rosalie Kavouras (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the faculty offices.
• March 14, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Cafeteria—International Pot Luck Dinner with music by Goza Latin Jazz trio. Call 255.3625 for more. For Tunxis students, faculty and staff. Attendees are requested to bring a dish for 8 people to share— appetizer, main dish, or dessert. Salad, beverages and utensils will be provided. Steam trays will be available for those who bring hot foods.