Summer Music Series 8/12-25
The community is invited to a free Summer Music Series presented by the Connecticut Virtuosi Chamber Orchestra’s Summer Music Institute August 12-25 in the courtyard at Tunxis Community College. In the event of rain, performances will be held indoors in the Tunxis Cyber Café.
• Sun., August 12, 6 p.m.—“Bach Exposed” includes a program of Violin Concerto in A-Minor, Violin Concerto in E-Major, Chaconne for Violin Solo, and much more. CT Virtuosi Summer Music Institute instructors featured in the performance include Brunilda Myftaraj, Adrian Sylveen, Katalin Viszmeg, Carlos Boltes, Melissa Morgan, Simon Polezhayev, Suzan Thomas, Scott Hill, and Gonzalo Cortes.
• Fri., August 17, 7 p.m.—CT Virtuosi Summer Music Institute student recital.
• Sat., August 18, 7 p.m.—Piano and violin performance of Beethoven and Chopin with Jolanta Reszelska, piano and Adrian Sylveen, violin.
• Thurs., August 23, 7 p.m.—Choral concert with Polonia-Paderewski Chorus and the New Britain Chorale.
• Sat., August 25, 5 p.m.—Festival Finale, with performances by CT Virtuosi’s Connecticut Lyric Opera and Youth Orchestra.