The Social Sciences department at Tunxis Community College is seeking a part-time lecturer to teach a section of Principles of Microeconomics (ECN*102) in the Fall 2015 semester. The section will be offered on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
A Master’s degree in economics; a Master’s degree in a related field with a bachelor’s degree and eighteen graduate credits in economics; or a Master’s degree in any discipline and demonstrated competence in the specific subject matter taught.
1. Experience teaching Principles of Microeconomics.
2. Community college teaching experience.
3. Demonstrated dedication to quality instruction and student learning.
4. Familiarity with assessment methods.
5. Familiarity with Blackboard and MyEconLab.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare and distribute course outline to students.
2. Facilitate student learning using a variety of modalities (lecture, discussion, audio-digital aids, group activities, projects, etc.).
3. Assess student learning using a variety of tools (quizzes, examinations, papers, projects, presentations, group activities, etc.).
4. Make reasonable efforts to meet with students outside of class time as needed.
5. Keep abreast of and respond to College communications in a timely fashion.
6. Perform required administrative duties (e.g., submission of contract and other paperwork, course outline, student grades, etc.).
7. Perform other duties as assigned that are consistent with the collective bargaining agreement.
The current compensation is $1546 per credit/contact hour for instructors who have taught fewer than eighteen credits in the community college system and $1663 per credit/contact hour for those who have taught eighteen or more credits.
Interested applicants must submit the following information:
1. A cover letter and resume or curriculum vita that highlight the candidate’s qualifications for the position.
2. Unofficial copies of transcripts from all accredited postsecondary institutions attended. (Official copies will be required if the candidate is offered the position.)
3. Three professional references.
Note: Employment is contingent upon verification of qualifications. Furthermore, Tunxis Community College reserves the right to modify or withdraw this position for any reason and at any time without prior notification.
Send complete application packet to:
Economics Lecturer Position
Tunxis Community College
271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington, CT 06032
ATTN: Dr. Francis M. Coan