Adjunct Biology Professor
Tunxis Community College
Adjunct Faculty Position Announcement for Biology
The department of Mathematics & Science at Tunxis Community College is seeking part-time instructors to teach primarily the following courses in Biology: General Biology and Anatomy & Physiology. Part-time instructors are expected to carry a teaching load of 3 to 8 contact hours per semester. Summer teaching opportunities are possible but not guaranteed.
A Master’s Degree in the Biological Science and two years of College teaching experience.
- Advanced education and teaching experience beyond the minimum required
- Academic records that indicate an excellent background in the biological sciences
- Commitment to stay abreast of recent developments in the biological sciences
- Experience teaching biology in a community college or other college setting
- Ability to set specific learning objectives and measure achieved results
- Ability to make biology courses exciting and meaningful to students
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate learning by preparing and delivering lecture, labs or a combination of both; prepare and grade quizzes and exams; keep accurate records of student performance; and provide course/laboratory outline
- Develop collaborative and collegial relationships across the Mathematics & Science Department and the College
- Participate in activities consistent with the mission of the College
- Participate in the development and assessment of student learning outcomes
- Coordinate activities with faculty and laboratory staff and follow and enforce departmentally-approved lab safety procedures
Note: Teaching responsibilities may include day, afternoon, evening, or weekend courses
The current compensation is $1,584 per credit/contact hour for instructors who have taught 18 or more credits in the Connecticut Community College System. Otherwise, the compensation is $1,472 per credit/contact hour.
Interested applicants must submit the following information
- A signed letter of interest addressing the required qualifications not to exceed two pages
- Current resume or curriculum vita that summarizes the candidate’s qualifications for the position
- Copy of alltranscripts from accredited institutions (official transcripts will be required at the time of hiring). Please note that documentation from an approved foreign transcript evaluator is required for degrees received from other countries
- The names and contact details of three references
Note: Employment is contingent upon verification of qualifications. Furthermore, Tunxis Community College reserves the right to modify and/or withdraw this position at any time without prior notification.
Send complete application packet to:
Adjunct Faculty Position
ATTN: Lori Sirois
Tunxis Community College
271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington, CT 06032
For more information, contact Jacqueline Taraborrelli, Human Resources Associate.