Exams are scheduled at Disability Services (DS) in the Academic Support Center (ASC).
Exams must be taken during the hours of 8:30 AM to 5:45 PM Monday through Thursday and 9 AM to 1:45 PM on Fridays.
Steps to Request Test/Exam to be taken in the ASC
- Request to take the exam in the ASC by completing the “Academic Adjustment Testing” form (GREEN FORM) at least 2 business days before exam to ensure that space is available.
- Remind the instructor to make a copy of the exam available in the ASC.
- Arrive on time for the test. Failure to arrive on time compromises the DS’s testing schedule for that day.
- If the student is more than 30 minutes late for the exam, the test will be returned to the instructor and the student will need to reschedule another time to take the exam. The instructor must give DS approval of the new time via email, phone, or in person.
- Call the ASC (860.773.1530) 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule the testing time.
- Students must alert the instructor that they will need to change the time of the test and the instructor must submit their approval via email to a disability services staff person.
- Students should schedule their exams on the same date/time as their class. Exceptions to this requirement may be made due to DS’s inability to have a scribe, reader, or computer available at the requested time or due to a student’s academic schedule not permitting full use of allotted extended time. Students needing extended time should determine their start time to ensure that exams are completed by 5:45 PM, Monday through Thursday and by 1:45 PM on Fridays.
- Exams are taken in one sitting unless an instructor has made prior arrangements with the DS to divide the exam into sections
- Students approved for additional test accommodations, such as scribes, readers, computers, and/or other adaptive technology, will need to request these accommodations with 7 days advance notice when they schedule their exams.
The DS office adheres to the College’s policy on academic honesty and integrity. If the DS office believes that a violation has occurred, the student’s professor will be notified.
For more information, contact the Academic Support Center at 860.773.1530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.