Peer Tutor Requirements
Becoming a Peer Tutor in the Academic Support Center is a competitive process that requires interested applicants to meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled at Tunxis with a minimum of 12 credits completed.
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Have earned at least a B in any course(s) he/she wants to tutor.
- Be able to tutor English through Composition and/or math through Intermediate Algebra, in addition to any other course of interest.
- Be available to tutor between 8-20 hours per week during the academic year.
- Commit to attending tutor trainings and workshops throughout the semester.