The Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) at Tunxis Community College was created to heighten awareness of faculty, staff and students regarding potentially at-risk students and others on campus who may be at risk of harm to themselves or others. Included in, but not limited to, the list of behaviors are threats, aberrant or strange behavior, violent or perceived violent behavior, repeated threats of suicide or violence against others, etc.
In addition, it shall be the responsibility of the BIT to develop and review college policies which address such situations and behavior.
- Cathryn Addy, President
- Charles Cleary, Dean of Administration
- Ken Colangelo, Chair, Health & Safety Committee
- Vivian Craven, Counselor
- Christopher LaPorte, Director of Student Activities
- John Lodovico, Director of Facilities & Project Management
- Kirk Peters, Dean of Student Affairs
- Judith Reilly-Roberts, Counselor
- Darryl Reome, Acting Dean — Academic Affairs
- Jessica Waterhouse, Professor, Criminal Justice
To balance the educational needs of the student and the academic mission of the college;
To provide structure for an effective method of addressing student behaviors that impact the college;
To manage each case individually;
To initiate appropriate intervention;
To eliminate fragmented care; and
To be a resource for students, faculty, administrators, and staff
The Tunxis Behavioral Intervention Team thanks the Student Intervention Team at the University of Mississippi for their assistance in creating this web page.
For more information, contact Jessica Waterhouse, Chair of the Behavioral Intervention Team, at 860.773.1646.