The Tunxis Foundation offers a series of scholarships to Tunxis students annually. The scholarship drive typically begins in early December with a deadline in mid to late February. All applicants are notified by letter in April of the results of their applications. For more information, contact Financial Aid Services at 860.255.3510, or email us at
CTC Presidents to Presidents Scholarship—Deadline is April 1
Each fall semester a high academic achieving transfer student will be nominated to receive a $2,000 award for the academic year ($1,000 per semester) by the President of each of the following Connecticut Community Colleges: Capital, Manchester, Middlesex, Naugatuck and Tunxis.
Students must meet the following minimum criteria for consideration:
- Earn an associate degree with a minimum of 60 semester hours of study by graduation
- A minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Recommended by their respective Capital, Manchester, Middlesex, Naugatuck or Tunxis Community College President
This scholarship is renewable yearly providing the recipient maintains at least a 3.00 overall cumulative GPA and full-time student status (at least 12 credit hours per semester). Scholarship applications are available through the President’s Office of the respective Community College.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
Tunxis encourages all interested students to apply. Most of the scholarships are open to any student with a QPA of at least 2.75. Others are open to more specific groups of students.
The Tunxis Scholarship Application enables you to be considered for a number of different scholarships including:
- The President’s Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Miranda Early Childhood Education Scholarships
- Faculty Scholarships
- Hartford Foundation Scholarships
- Tunxis Foundation Academic Excellence Scholarships
- The Hartford Scholarship
- AT&T, Pratt and Whitney, and Walmart Scholarships
- David W. Partain Scholarship
- Tunxis Retirees Scholarship
- Clinton Roberts Foundation
- Colleen Keyes Scholarship
- D. Jean Lewis Memorial Award
- John W. Kiermaier Memorial Scholarship
- Dr. Irvin Kyle Memorial Scholarship
- Sydney L. Roth Dental Auxiliary Scholarship
- Sydelle B. Seltzer Dental Hygiene Scholarship
- Voight Family Scholarship
- JRI Early Childhood Education Scholarships
- ESPN Scholarships
- Farmington Savings Bank Scholarships
- Christopher Sirois Memorial Scholarship
- Baylock Family Scholarships
** List subject to change **
Other Scholarships offered by the following:
- Tunxis Community College Alumni Association
- Lifelong Learning Association
- Career Bridges Program
- Ruth Carlin Memorial Scholarship
- DARC (Drug and Alcohol Recovery Counseling) Club
- Bristol Quota Club
- Tunxis Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society Club
OTHER SCHOLARSHIP SOURCES:
Free scholarship search-engines: complete the survey
It’s best to subscribe to all three since the three have access to over 60,000 different scholarships combined!
The Financial Aid office posts private scholarship notices as they are received – please check out our information easel in the hallway outside of the suite in the 100 building.
- Connecticut Association of Latinos in Higher Education, Inc. (CALAHE)
- Capitol Scholarship Program: Contact your high school guidance counselor
- CCSU/TCC President to President Transfer Scholarship
- American Savings Foundation: www.asfdn.org
- American Society of Women Accountants: www.aswa.org
- Dell Scholarship Program
- Gail Burns-Smith Fund Scholarhip Application
- Hartford Foundation College Scholarships: www.hfpg.org/scholarships
- Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship - provides scholarships worth up to $30,000 per year to community college students to help them earn a four-year degree.
- Main Street Foundation
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation: www.mcsf.org
- Drs. Nima Patel and Daniel McNaughton Scholarship Fund: 2-year | 4-year
- Professional Women in Construction CT Chapter Scholarship Application
- SBM Charitable Foundation Scholarships: www.sbmfoundation.org
- Scholarship America – Dreamkeepers
- Scholarship America – Dream Award
- Thermo Scientific Pierce Scholarship
- The Town and County Club Scholarship Application
- Waterbury Dental Hygienists Association Scholarship Application
For more information, contact David Welsh, Director of Financial Aid Services, at 860.255.3510.