Tunxis Scholarship Program
Each year, Tunxis students have the opportunity to compete for scholarships offered by private organizations interested in assisting our students. These scholarships, some of which may be as high as $1500, are awarded primarily on the basis of academic achievement.
WHO PROVIDES THESE SCHOLARSHIPS?
These scholarships are funded by independent organizations who want to support the efforts of our students, including the Tunxis Community College Foundation, the Tunxis Alumni Association, and several Tunxis student organizations.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
Tunxis encourages all interested students to apply. Many of the scholarships are open to any student with a QPA of at least 2.75.
These scholarships will be applied to the recipient’s Tunxis account to help cover Fall 2014 tuition and fees. You should not apply if you don’t plan to continue at Tunxis in the upcoming fall semester.
The scholarship application does not require financial information.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the Scholarship Application, which will enable you to be considered for all the scholarships to be awarded:
Scholarships awarded by the Tunxis Foundation (a partial list):
- Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Faculty Scholarship
- ESPN Scholarships
- Gregory and Helen G. Sneed Scholarship
- Stanley Black and Decker Scholarship
- Andrew Feiner Memorial Scholarship
- ebm-papst, Inc. Scholarships
- TRUMPF, Inc. Scholarships
- The Hartford Scholarship
- The Barnes Group Scholarship
- Chuck Pagano Scholarship
- Miranda Early Childhood Education Scholarships
- Farmington Savings Bank Scholarships
- Hartford Foundation Scholarships
- Accounting Scholarship
- Christopher Sirois Memorial Scholarships
- Computer Recycling USA Scholarship
- Matt Melanson Memorial Scholarship
- Damato Construction Scholarship
- Clinton Roberts Foundation Scholarships
- JRI Early Childhood Education Scholarships
- Sydney L. Roth Scholarship
- Voight Family Scholarship
- American General Life Insurance Scholarship
- Sydelle B. Seltzer Scholarship
- Pratt and Whitney Scholarship
- Phalp Scholarship
- Liberty Bank
Scholarships also provided by
- Tunxis Community College Alumni Association
- Bristol Quota Club
- Lifelong Learning Association
- Tunxis Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2016!
You will be notified by letter in April of the results of your application.