Computer Center and Computer Classrooms
Computer Center – Building #300
The Computer Center at Tunxis Community College is home to the Information Technology (IT) Department. The IT Dept. manages student, staff and faculty computers throughout the college and at Tunxis@Bristol. Hardware and software installation, maintenance, upgrades and troubleshooting are critical components of the work handled by the technical staff of the Department. But the scope of work does not stop there. Here are some of the services provided by the staff of the IT Department.
- Maintain and support users of the Open Lab (students, faculty, and staff)
- Maintain and support Windows and Macintosh computer classrooms
- IT Help Desk (x31390 or tx-IT-helpdesk ) addresses technology issues in all classrooms, and is the first contact for general campus-wide issues
- NetID lookup and password resets
- Telecommunications services (phone, voicemail, and fax)
- Maintain instructor stations for all classrooms (including the multimedia technology that is connected)
- Staff and faculty computer hardware and software
- Photo IDs for all groups
- Maintenance, upgrading and troubleshooting of network services and connections
- Maintenance and monitoring of wireless (WIFI) network access across the campus
- Backup of critical data and archival email services
- Training documentation, training workshops, and related assistance
- Maintain computing functions in the Tunxis@Bristol site
Computer Center – Open Lab
The Computer Center’s Open Lab is a large general access facility for the benefit of everyone on campus. The Open Lab has Windows and Macintosh computers with most academic applications installed for the benefit of students who want to work on assignments. There are flatbed scanners connected to selected Windows and Macintosh computers, digital tablets with the Macintosh computers, and both B&W and color laser printers.
The Open Lab is also the main base for the IT Help Desk. IT Help Desk technicians are available to assist with technical issues, and one-on-one training assistance may be scheduled for basic support.
The Computer Center Open Lab is where ID Cards are printed and issued. For help with NetID lookup and password resets, the Open Lab is the place to come as well.
Computer Center – Open Lab Hours
Spring and Fall Semester Schedule
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 9:30pm
Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
There are currently no weekend hours
Summer and Semester Break Schedules
Generally the hours of operation when there are no scheduled classes are 8:00am – 4:00pm, but the schedule may vary depending on scheduled activities on campus. Check the posted schedule at the Computer Center for the current schedule and special hours of operation