IT Department Vision
Welcome to the Information Technology Department at Tunxis Community College!
IT Department Mission
Our goal is to provide our students, faculty, and staff with the most reliable and innovative technology to meet the needs of an ever-changing and increasingly complex world, along with the support and training necessary to use the technology effectively.
IT Department Vision
Technology is a fact of modern life. Providing reliable and current technology resources to faculty, staff and students, supports the College Mission to foster the skills necessary to succeed in an increasingly complex world. A well trained IT staff keeps hardware and software up-to-date and running smoothly. Technical problems are resolved quickly and users have the tools they need.
The IT Dept. strives to fulfill this mission through a comprehensive set of services to the College community. These services include but are not limited to:
- Help desk and application support services, particularly focused on the resolution of hardware and software problems.
- Support for the Instructor Work Station in all general purpose classrooms, all computer classrooms, and the main Computer Center (Open Lab).
- All related network services, including accounts, file storage, print management, wireless access, telephony services, and other technology services.
- Appropriate staff, faculty, and student training, documentation and related assistance.
- Printing of photo IDs for students, staff, and faculty.
Users of network services and computer equipment must comply with the current versions of usage policies established by the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities (ConnCSU Policies) Board of Regents for Higher Education.
The primary tenant of the Acceptable Use Policy is the recognition that college computer resources are intended for legitimate College academic and administrative work and are not for personal use. Full text of this and related policies can be accessed at http://www.ct.edu/it/policy_list
For more information, contact the IT Department Help Desk at 860.255..3470.