I hope this message finds all of you and your families well.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Tunxis employees and students are being given priority registration for preschool children at the Tunxis Early Childhood Center.
Preschool children can attend classes at our Center while Tunxis student parents are attending on-campus, online or hybrid classes or studying for their classes.
Classes begin on Wednesday, August 26th. Our program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and licensed by the CT Office of Early Childhood (OEC). We will be following the CDC Covid-19 protocols and procedures along with the OEC Covid-19 Guidelines to keep your child as safe and healthy as possible.
The schedule and rates are listed below. Please call the Center at (860) 773-1350 with any questions or to register your child. We look forward to hearing from you!
Debbie Collins, M.Ed.
Tunxis Early Childhood Center (ECC) Lab School – Schedules and Rates Fall 2020
- Preschool begins Wednesday, August 26
- Choose 2- or 3-day schedules only. There is not an opportunity at this time to attend 4 or 5 days. Children must attend one group, either morning or afternoon.
- We will be providing milk and water at snack and lunch times.
- The Early Childhood Center will be practicing CDC precautions and following The Office of Early Childhood Guidelines concerning policies, procedures, cleaning and sanitizing.
- In the event of a temporary closure, the ECC will provide a virtual preschool experience for registered children.
- Schedules run in 2 ½, 3, and 3 ½ hour increments. See Schedules and rates below:
AM Class Schedules:
- Choices: Monday/Wednesday/Friday -or- Tuesday/Thursday
- Times are as follows: 8:00 to 11:30, 8:30 to 11:30, or 9:00 to 11:30. Children are required to bring their own snack and will go home for lunch.
PM Class Schedules:
- Choices: Monday/Wednesday -or- Tuesday/Thursday
- Times are as follows: 12:30 to 3:30, child must bring a lunch and one snack, -or- 1:00 to 3:30, child must bring one snack.
Rates per hour: $3.00