In the process of developing this e-portfolio I rediscovered a lot of the work that I have done to use as proof and evidence … In this process I also discovered strengths and abilities that I did not know or did not remembered I had. I am very grateful for this process. In ways, it inspired me to be proud of the things that I have done in school and it gave me the confidence to put it all out there for everyone to see. – Chris Estephan, BA Alumn (https://tunxis.digication.com/estephan_bbg_292/Reflection)
All students completing their BA degree at Tunxis Community College will complete and present an ePortfolio through Capstone or Practicum. An ePortfolio is wonderful tool to showcase your General Education and Program abilities, as well as your experience and extracurricular activities, when you apply for a job or to a four year institution. We strongly encourage you to upload assignments and short reflections from all of your classes into your ePortfolio so that they are saved and in one location.
When evaluating transfer credits, the more support the evaluator sees to judge if a course is of the academic nature to accept completely in transfer helps the student. The evaluator usually needs a syllabus, but with ePortfolio you can not only supply the syllabus you can show the caliber of work performed – a paper or project being seen with the syllabus just adds to your chances of that course being taken completely in transfer. – Stephen Paulone DBA, MBA, MS, Director Graduate Business Programs at The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business at Post University
According to an AACU 2013 Employer Survey, 83% of employers say an ePortfolio would be useful to them in ensuring applicants have the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in their company.
What I love about E-Portfolios is that after I read one, I feel as if I know more about the person than I can ever get from a traditional resume. – Deana Giordano, Connecticut Department of Labor
Some examples of BA ePortfolios:
Creating an ePortfolio:
- If you do not have an ePortfolio, you first must create one. It takes about two minutes: BA E-Portfolio Instructions.
- First log in to ePortfolio/Digication (use the same ID and password you use to log into my.commnet.edu) at https://digication.ct.edu/index.php?cl=TXCC. If you are creating a new ePortfolio and you are a BA student, you should use the template Business Administration ePortfolio in the setup.
- Here is a simple guidebook that will answer most of your ePortfolio questions: ePortfolio-Guidebook.
- You can also view this page, which offers a lot of information: http://site.tunxis.edu/digication/.
- We are hoping to create our own “what is an eP” video at some point, but in the meantime this is an excellent one from Auburn University: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvqBORISA5k. Here is second one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B3tujXlbdk. Both are short and really good overviews.