Learn more about information sessions and tours for prospective students.

Schedule a time to meet with an Enrollment Specialist online or in-person.

A Special Note for Non-Degree and Undecided Applicants
A Non-Degree Application is designed for anyone interested in enrolling in individual courses but not interested in pursuing a degree or certificate program.  Non-degree students are not eligible for Financial Aid and cannot enroll full time (12 credits or more).  If you are applying as an “undecided” student who wants to be eligible for Financial Aid and enroll full time, please select “General Studies” or “Liberal Arts and Sciences” on your application.

Apply to Tunxis in 5 Easy Steps

Students will receive an acceptance email after completing item 2 below.


New and transfer students interested in enrolling at Tunxis Community College must complete and submit an application. Students who have attended another Connecticut Community College must also submit an application and related documents to Tunxis Community College.

 How To Fill Out The Application – YouTube Video

Tunxis does not charge an application fee.

Items A and B must be completed before admission to the college.

A. Submit proof of high school completion by uploading a photo or copy of your high school diploma through the application portal.  Other acceptable forms of documenting high school completion are an official transcript sent electronically to Tunxis CC or mailed directly to Tunxis CC in a sealed envelope.  Those who completed a General Education Diploma, or GED may upload a photo of their GED or have official GED scores sent directly to Tunxis in a sealed envelope

B. Complete a copy of the Immunization Form (PDF) and upload it. The form must be signed and completed by your medical provider, or you must provide other documentation of immunization. Connecticut state law requires specific immunizations from all students attending college. In addition, the form details exemptions to this policy.

Step-By-Step Guide To Uploading Supplemental Items – YouTube Video

Math and English course placements are determined through different measures including: high school GPA and grades, SAT scores, and college transcripts.  In addition, for Mathematics placement, you will be receiving an email to your Tunxis email from Stemify. You will be asked to create a free account within 14 days and to take a diagnostic exam. Your placement will be used in your advising process to select your starting course levels.

While it is optional, students are encouraged to apply for financial aid. To be eligible for financial aid you must enroll, either full-time or part-time, in a degree program or approved certificate. If you are interested in applying for financial aid, you should complete the online Free Application for Tunxis Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available at www.fafsa.ed.govThe school code for Tunxis Community College is 009764. Visit the Financial Aid web page for additional information.

Meet (virtually) with a New Student Registration (NSR) advisor and register for your classes. Please email tx-advising@tunxis.edu to request an advising appointment.

Summer and Winter Registration
Summer registrations will be processed beginning on April 1, winter registrations on November 1, however you are welcome to mail or email your registration prior to this date.
After you complete the course and final grades are entered, you can log into your Tunxis student portal to request to have your official transcript sent.  Tunxis now uses etranscripts.

We encourage you to work with your guidance counselor during the application process as they like to keep track of where their students intend to continue their education. Apply online (see above). Upon graduation, you are required to provide a copy of your diploma or a completed transcript that shows your graduation date before July 15.
High School students interested in applying to the High School Partnership Program or the CCP program, learn mote about application details specific to those programs

Students applying to Tunxis Community College after having attended another college or university should apply to Tunxis as outlined above, and complete the Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Process.

Not A High School Graduate? Home Schooled?

If you do not have a high school diploma, you may still attend Tunxis Community College, but only as a part-time, non-degree seeking student. Those who are not high school graduates should apply as outlined above and additionally, must complete placement testing as a part of the application process. Applicants who do not hold a high school diploma or GED are not eligible for federal or state-sponsored financial aid programs. Home-schooled students must schedule an appointment with a representative of the Admissions Office to discuss their intended plan of study. Please call 860.773.1490 to schedule an appointment.

Before applying, or if you are seeking a student visa (F-1), please review the International Students Admission Requirements.

Focusing on COVID-19 Safety

Tunxis faculty and staff have updated our course offerings to reflect the safest and most effective way to deliver our quality educational opportunities. The different delivery methods currently noted on our course schedule include:

  1. TRAD (Traditional): These courses will be delivered on campus at a specific time, place, and location. The use of Blackboard will occur from the start of the course in case a campus shutdown has to occur.
  2. ONLN (Online): All instruction and assessment is delivered asynchronously through Blackboard—often in conjunction with publisher-based content. These courses include discussion boards, assignments, projects, assessments, etc. However, courses designated as “Online with Classroom Component” (OLCR) may require an on-ground orientation and/or proctored assessments, although all instruction must be online/asynchronous.
  3. LRON (Live/Remote Online Courses): LRON courses are fully online, but students will be required to sign in remotely and interact with their professor and/or classmates on the days and times noted in the myCommNet schedule. Students will participate in live online sessions through Blackboard Collaborate, MS Teams or WebEx, with specific information provided by individual faculty members.
  4. HYBR (Hybrid): Course held both on-campus and online (a combination of 1&2 or 1&3) with a focus on scheduling class sessions on campus.

Synchronous teaching and learning happens in real time, on a certain day and time, in person in a classroom, or in a virtual environment like WebEx, Teams, or Blackboard Collaborate. Participants listen and respond to each other within the live, online meeting.

Asynchronous means you do not meet in person at the same time or in the same room/virtual meeting. You login to Blackboard or a publisher’s website to access content, and complete assigned activities or assessments at a time of your choosing. You will complete those activities according to the course syllabus schedule or posted due dates.

Please be assured that we have everyone’s safety first and foremost in our minds. As this pandemic subsides, we will begin to have more individuals and activities on our campus.

Prospective students are welcome to join these WebEx information sessions to learn more about Tunxis Community College.
The sessions will include presentations for prospective students about programs and services offered by Tunxis.  Immediately following the presentation, participants are invited to ask questions.
Sessions are offered now through January 2021. Find out more and register now.

Email:  tx-admissions@txcc.commnet.edu
Fax:  860.606.9501
*Do not fax or email any personally identifiable information like Social Security Number.

Mailing Address:
Tunxis Community College – Admissions
271 Scott Swamp Rd.
Farmington, CT  06032

For more information, contact the Admissions Office at 860.773.1490 or via email tx-admissions@tunxis.edu.

National Council fro State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements - Approved Institution
SARA ensures reciprocity between Tunxis and students who may be physically located outside of Connecticut.