(Parent program: Technology Studies: Data Science Option, A.S.)
The Certificate in Data Science provides exposure to key elements of data science including data structures and data sources, programming languages, statistical principles, computing and analytics, data management, machine learning tools, and data science applications. This certificate needs to be paired with a transfer associates degree in any field (recommended fields include mathematics, applied sciences, computer science, computer programming, business, marketing, web design).
CSA*135 Spreadsheet Applications – 3 credits
MAT*167 Principles of Statistics – 3 credits
MAT*222 Statistics II with Technology Apps – 3 credits
DTS*201 Data Science in R – 3 credits
DTS*220 Intro to Machine Learning – 3 credits
**Directed Elective – 3(4) credits
Total Credits 18(19)
** Directed Elective (see faculty advisor)
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates should be able to:
1. Master key facets of data investigation, including data wrangling, cleaning, sampling, management, exploratory analysis, regression and classification, prediction, and data communication
2. Implement foundational concepts of data computation, such as data structure, algorithms, simulation, and analysis.
3. Utilize various technologies to organize, analyze, explore, and visualize data
4. Execute data organization, exploration, and develop proficiency in the programming language of R
5. Apply advanced statistical techniques
6. Understand machine learning models and their applications
Contact: Nick Stugard
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. Get more details about this merger.