Energy Core provides students with practical courses needed to advance into any of the other five energy certificates, and/or the AAS Degree in Energy Management. Energy Core courses are offered multiple times at various CT Community Colleges each year. Courses linked to the Energy Management AAS Degree may be taken as credit or non-credit. When credit courses are stacked together, they can fulfill the requirements for one or more Certificates of achievement. Certificates have been designed to demonstrate a commitment to training in a specific area of commercial energy management.
Upon successful completion of all courses in the program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate a basic understanding of energy, light and thermodynamics
- perform energy analysis on homes and small buildings, and incorporate both conceptual and technical understanding in their project reports
- demonstrate an increased proficiency with spreadsheets, charts, and graphs in Excel
- practice technical writing and oral skills and will create technical documents
- demonstrate a basic understanding of commercial building systems and be able to explain their operation, interactions, and their energy use.
Program Coordinator: Eric Gribin
|ARC*240||Environmental Systems (a)||3|
|ENG*202||Technical Writing (a)||3|
|Select one of the following courses:|
|BBG*115||Business Software Applications (a) or|
|CSA*135||Spreadsheet Applications (a)||3|
|NRG*131||Building Efficiency Auditing (a)||3|
|PHY*110||Introductory Physics (a)||4|
(a) Prerequisite and/or co-requisite required.