This certificate is designed to provide students with skills in the areas of network design, local and wide area networks, networks, network operating systems, and networking administration. This certificate can lead to entry-level positions in network administration and help desk support.
Upon successful completion of all courses in the program, the Computer Information Systems Network Administration student will have demonstrated the following abilities:
- identify and select a LAN architecture based on a given set of requirements
- identify and understand the function of each of the layers of the OSI model
- describe the concept and function of a Virtual LAN and the associated protocols
- identify the technologies used for WAN communications and determine when to use a given WAN technology
- install, administer and maintain a Linux network
- install, administer and maintain a Windows Server network
- develop and implement a backup, recovery and disaster recovery plan for a network
- install, maintain, administer and troubleshoot a network using the various TCP/IP protocols.
Program Coordinator: Mahendra Shah
|CSC*101||Introduction to Computers (a)||3|
|CSC*126||Programming Logic & Design with Visual Basic||3|
|CST*130||Network Essentials I (a)||3|
|CST*193||Introduction to TCP/IP (a)||3|
|CST*210||Operating Systems (a)||3|
|CST*230||Network Essentials II (a)||3|
|CST*264||Unix/Linux System Administration (a)||3|
|CST*163||Windows Server Administration (a)||3|
|CST*270||Network Security Fundamentals (a)||3|
(a) Prerequisite and/or co-requisite required.For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please visit our website at: https://tunxis.edu/ge-netadminA merger of Connecticut's 12 community colleges is underway. As a part of this merger, modifications will be made to academic programs. Students who do not complete their programs by the end of the Spring 2023 term will be matched with the Connecticut State Community College (CT State) program that most closely aligns with the student's Spring 2023 program and is offered at the current Tunxis Community College location. The College is committed to students completing their education with a minimum of disruption. Further details can be found and will be updated on the Frequently Asked Questions page: ct.edu/ctstate/academics.