This certificate is designed to provide students with skills in the areas of network design, local and wide area networks, networks, network operating systems, and networking administration. This certificate can lead to entry-level positions in network administration and help desk support.
Upon successful completion of all courses in the program, the Computer Information Systems Network Administration student will have demonstrated the following abilities:
- identify and select a LAN architecture based on a given set of requirements
- identify and understand the function of each of the layers of the OSI model
- describe the concept and function of a Virtual LAN and the associated protocols
- identify the technologies used for WAN communications and determine when to use a given WAN technology
- install, administer and maintain a Linux network
- install, administer and maintain a Windows Server network
- develop and implement a backup, recovery and disaster recovery plan for a network
- install, maintain, administer and troubleshoot a network using the various TCP/IP protocols.
Program Coordinator: Mahendra Shah
|CSC*101||Introduction to Computers (a)||3|
|CSC*126||Programming Logic & Design with Visual Basic||3|
|CST*130||Network Essentials I (a)||3|
|CST*193||Introduction to TCP/IP (a)||3|
|CST*210||Operating Systems (a)||3|
|CST*230||Network Essentials II (a)||3|
|CST*264||Unix/Linux System Administration (a)||3|
|CST*163||Windows Server Administration (a)||3|
|CST*270||Network Security Fundamentals (a)||3|
(a) Prerequisite and/or co-requisite required.For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please visit our website at: https://tunxis.edu/ge-netadminBecoming Connecticut State Community College
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. Get more details about this merger.