If you are reading this page, chances are you have the basic tools and skills needed for Tunxis’ online classes. (More detailed information is provided in the Online Student Orientation.)
- A computer with Internet access
- An email account
- A Blackboard Learn supported Web browser
- Java: Java Runtime Environment
- A word processing program:
- MS Word (preferred)
- MS Works
- We recommend setting an option that allows pop-ups from websites you specify, and blocks all other pop-ups.
- *.my.commnet.edu and *.blackboard.com
- Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware software:
- access the Internet
- send and receive email
- send and receive email attachments
- use a word processing program
- download documents and/or software
Individual courses may require supplemental software or hardware. The course syllabus will outline specific hardware and software requirements-be sure to read the course description and look for any special computer requirements.
The Browser Check page will provide you with links to utilities that will help you determine if you have the proper software to successfully access Tunxis Online Education.
Viewing documents created in software applications not currently running on your computer may require you to download and install plug-ins. Plug-ins are free software programs available on the Web. These tools add functions to your web browser or enable you to view specialized content.
For more information, contact Adrianne Dunham, Director of the Media Instructional Technologies Department.
COLLEGE POLICIES, INFORMATION & ACADEMIC CALENDAR
Information and policies such as the following can be found on our website:
- myCommNet.edu: everything you need to know…
- Essential College Policy Statements
- Board of Regents Policy on Student Conduct
- Other College Policies
- Academic Calendar