“It is an honor to be recognized by PTK and the CSCU system is very proud of our chapters, officers, and members,” said CSCU President Mark Ojakian. “These PTK chapters and individuals have received well-deserved recognition and accolades because of their hard work and dedication in fostering student growth and leadership, while having a positive impact on the CSCU community.”
PTK chapters and individuals took home top 2020 Hallmark Awards. They are:
- Paragon Award for New Presidents: Dr. Darryl Reome, Campus CEO, Tunxis Community College
- Distinguished Chapter Member Award: Laura Schneider, Middlesex Community College
- Distinguished Chapter Officer Award and International Vice President for Division 1: Victoria Orifice, Asnuntuck Community College
- Honors Case Study Challenge Award: Daniela Roldan, Housatonic Community College
- Distinguished Regional Coordinator: Michelle Coach, Interim Campus CEO, Asnuntuck Community College
- Top 100 Chapters: Asnuntuck Community College and Gateway Community College
- Third Most Distinguished Chapter Finalist (among 1,300 chapters in 11 countries): Asnuntuck Community College
- Distinguished Chapter Award: Asnuntuck Community College
- Distinguished College Project Award: Asnuntuck Community College
- Distinguished Honors in Action Project Award: Asnuntuck Community College
- Distinguished Honors in Action Project Theme Award (one of three chapters for Theme 3): Asnuntuck Community College
- Five Star Chapter Recognition: Asnuntuck, Gateway, Housatonic, Manchester, Middlesex, Norwalk, Quinebaug Valley, and Tunxis Community Colleges
- Regional Excellence Award in Membership Recruitment: New England Region
- Regional Excellence Award in Chapter Engagement: New England Region
Asnuntuck Community College’s (ACC) Alpha Lambda Zeta Chapter was named third “Most Distinguished Chapter Finalist” among 1,300 chapters in 11 countries worldwide, and earned a “Distinguished Chapter Award.” ACC ‘s Alpha Lambda Zeta Chapter and Gateway Community College’s Alpha Xi Theta Chapter were named among the “Top 100 Chapters” in the world.
Dr. Darryl Reome, Tunxis Community College Campus CEO, received the prestigious “Paragon Award for New Presidents.” Nominated by students, Reome has demonstrated a strong support of student success and recognition of academic achievement, leadership, and service. More than 500 college presidents were eligible to receive this award.
PTK students also earned significant accolades. ACC student Victoria Orifice won first place honors for being named “Distinguished Chapter Officer,” and was named International Vice President for Division 1. She will be one of five PTK International Officers for 2020-21. Middlesex Community College student Laura Schneider earned a “Distinguished Chapter Member” award for her chapter activities, and Daniela Roldan of Housatonic Community College earned the “Honors Case Study Challenge Award.”
Michelle Coach, ACC Interim Campus CEO and PTK New England Regional Coordinator, was named “Distinguished Regional Coordinator” for the New England Region for her efforts in assisting regional PTK chapters, chapter advisors and regional officers. Regional awards also included “Regional Excellence Awards” in membership recruitment and chapter engagement.
Additionally, the PTK Chapters of Asnuntuck, Gateway, Housatonic, Manchester, Middlesex, Norwalk, Quinebaug Valley, and Tunxis Community Colleges attained the prestigious Five-Star Chapter status, PTK’s highest level of achievement.
For Immediate Release
May 21, 2020
Contact: Terri Raimondi