The community is invited to the following free career workshops at Tunxis Community College in Farmington, held in the 700 Building, Library Room 7-222. Advanced registration is required—email firstname.lastname@example.org. During inclement weather, please check the Tunxis website for updates at tunxis.edu, since events will be cancelled or postponed if the College is closed. For a map of campus, see tunxis.edu/map.
- Feb. 15, 10 a.m.: Job Searching and Cover Letters” on how to conduct a comprehensive job search using the most updated strategies. Explore how to research opportunities, contact employers, network, and tap into the hidden job market. The role of cover letters and how to draft them will also be covered.
- Feb. 22, 2 p.m.: “Resume Writing” covers effective resume writing and is appropriate for all skill levels including those who would like to update their skills.
- March 1, 10 a.m.: “Create a Resume With Your iPhone” includes how to create resumes on your mobile device using free applications available through the App Store and Google Play Store.
- March 8, 2 p.m.: “Interviewing 101” will identify the types of interviews job candidates are experiencing today and how to prepare.
- March 15, 10 a.m.: “Social Media and Your Personal Brand” covers profile mistakes to avoid in your profile and how to create a successful online presence that enhances your own brand.
From fine arts, health, and technology to liberal arts & sciences programs, Tunxis offers over 60 associate degrees and certificates, providing critical thinking and problem-solving skills that prepare students for transfer to bachelor’s degree programs and employment in areas with industry need. Tunxis is located at the junction of Routes 6 and 177.