The Academic Success and Tutoring Center offers FREE individual and group tutoring to Tunxis students. Our trained peer tutors and professional staff specialize in tutoring math, developmental English and English as a Second Language. Depending on the semester, the ASTC may provide tutoring in other courses.
See our listing of over 90 courses (PDF).
- Tutoring appointments can be scheduled up to 2 weeks in advance
- Meet one-on-one with a tutor for 45 minutes
- Ask questions and get individualized assistance
- Up to 2 tutoring appointments per class per week can be scheduled
- Need more? Walk-in sessions are offered on a first come, first served basis and are subject to tutor availability. Check with the front desk staff for information.
How to Schedule Individual Tutoring:
- Go to https://tunxis.edu/tutortrac
- Enter NetID (Example: email@example.com) and Password
- Click on Search Availability
- Click the dropdown menu under “Center” and select Tutoring Services
- Select your course from the dropdown menu under “Section”
- Click on Search
* All available tutoring appointments for the selected course will show up in green on the screen.
- Select the time/date you want and hit Save.
The Algebra Lab and English Lab are currently operating online in Microsoft Teams. Students in certain algebra and English courses can drop in online without an appointment. Hours for labs may be subject to change.
Math Anxiety got you down? Need someplace where you can work on Algebra homework and ask questions?Come to the Algebra Lab, currently operating online in Teams at tunxis.edu/virtual-algebra-lab. Open to students in Prealgebra, Introductory, Elementary, Intermediate, and College Algebra. Check the Algebra Lab page for hours and more information. For any questions, contact Agata Smiarowski, Algebra Lab coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The English Lab staff can help you improve your reading and writing skills for the following courses: ENG 096-Introduction to College English, ENG 093-Introduction to College Reading & Writing, ENG 101/101E-Composition, ENG 103-Composition II, ESL 153-Reading & Writing V, ESL 162-Reading & Writing VI, and CSS 101-First Year Experience. Our trained tutors provide support in understanding assignment requirements; reviewing writing concepts; comprehending and interpreting readings; and brainstorming, writing, and revising essays. The English Lab is currently operating online in Teams at tunxis.edu/english-lab, and is free to use and does not require an appointment. Check the English Lab page for hours and more information. Any questions, email the English Lab Coordinator, Ryan Buda, at email@example.com.