Tunxis Foundation Scholarships
The Tunxis Community College Foundation Program is now accepting scholarship applications! Find out more.
One new scholarship this year includes tuition, a textbook allowance and a bus pass to help a student with transportation!
Scholarships range between $150.00 and $8,000.00 – the most commonly awarded scholarships are between $250.00 and $2,500.00
Deadline to submit an application is February 16, 2018 via email to email@example.com.
Stay informed and follow us facebook.com/TunxisFoundation
CCSU-TCC President to President Scholarship
Each fall semester a high academic achieving transfer student will be nominated to receive a $2,000 award for the academic year ($1,000 per semester) by the President of each of the following Connecticut Community Colleges: Capital, Manchester, Middlesex, Naugatuck and Tunxis.
Students must meet the following minimum criteria for consideration:
- Earn an associate degree with a minimum of 60 semester hours of study by graduation
- A minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Recommended by their respective Capital, Manchester, Middlesex, Naugatuck or Tunxis Community College President
This scholarship is renewable yearly providing the recipient maintains at least a 3.00 overall cumulative GPA and full-time student status (at least 12 credit hours per semester). Scholarship applications are available through the Financial Aid office of the respective Community College and as a downloadable PDF here online.
Charter Oak Transfer Scholarship for Community College Graduates
Amount of award: $1,000 Community College Transfer Scholarship Application (PDF)
- Demonstrated interest and success in online learning
- Completion of 6 or more credits through online courses
- Accepted at Charter Oak State College – application and credentials on file
- Overall grade point average: 2.7
- Nominated by an instructor, counselor or administrator at the attending community college-
- Community College Transfer Scholarship Nomination Form (PDF)
- Provide a short essay on the benefits of online learning
Application Deadline: May 1, 2017 – Awards Announced: May 15, 2017
Instructions: Complete the attached application and supporting documents and fax to Admissions at (860) 760-6047. The nomination should be sent by the nominator in a separate email. The scholarship will be applied toward tuition and fees upon matriculation.
Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics (CSMP) Scholarship Program of Central Connecticut
Scholarships for Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, and Technology Studies majors.
Tunxis Community College, through a partnership with Central Connecticut State University (CCSU), received a grant from the National Science Foundation program to provide Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S-STEM). Beginning in the fall 2018 semester, this grant will continue funding scholarships for academically talented students in financial need majoring in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering Science, and Technology Studies at Tunxis Community College. Scholarships provided through this program will pay up to $5,000 per year for up to two years plus another two years if the recipient transfers to eligible programs at CCSU.
Amount of award: $5,000 for two years while at Tunxis CC, plus another two years if the student transfers to CCSU
Application Deadline: August 3, 2018
- Transfer Articulation Pathway (TAP) Mathematical Studies
- Transfer Articulation Pathway (TAP) Computer Science Studies
- Transfer Articulation Pathway (TAP) Physics Studies
- AS in Computer Science/Mathematics (Honors program)
- AS in Computer Information Systems, specialization in programming
- AS in Computer Information Systems, specialization in networking
- AS in Engineering Science
- AS in Technology Studies in Engineering Technology
- AS in Technology Studies in Technology & Engineering Education
Other Scholarship Sources
Free Scholarship Search-Engines
- http://www.nerdwallet.com/nerdscholar/scholarships/ – a very quick way to locate scholarships for which you can apply
It’s best to subscribe to all of them since they have access to over 60,000 different scholarships combined!
The Financial Aid office posts private scholarship notices as they are received – please check out our information easel in the hallway outside of the suite in the 100 building.
- American Savings Foundation: www.asfdn.org
- American Society of Women Accountants: www.aswa.org
- The Beauty + Wellness Scholarship – provides financial assistance to female college students who are leading healthy lifestyles.
- Cancer Horizons College Scholarship
- Connecticut Association of Professional Financial Aid Administrators (CAPFAA) Scholarship – Application
- Capitol Scholarship Program: Contact your high school guidance counselor
- Connecticut Association of Latinos in Higher Education, Inc. (CALAHE)
- Consumer Essentials for business, marketing, and information technology students
- Dell Scholarship Program
- Gail Burns-Smith Fund Scholarship Application
- The Goedeker’s Book Scholarship is available to all students (Undergraduate and Graduate) and available to all fields of study, while the Goedeker’s Public Service Scholarship is available to government and non-profit employees and their families. We will start accepting scholarship essay entries now and the deadline to enter is July 31, 2015.
- Hartford Foundation College Scholarships: www.hfpg.org/scholarships
- Help Teaching K-12 Scholarship http://www.helpteaching.com/resources/scholarship
- Hubstaff’s $2000 Tech Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship – provides scholarships worth up to $30,000 per year to community college students to help them earn a four-year degree.
- TheLawDictionary.org has a scholarship for college students pursuing a business or law degree in a college located in the US or Canada.
- Learn How To Become.org
- Level Up Scholarship
- Live Your Dream – Education and Training Awards for Women
- Main Street Foundation – Nearly $309,000 in grants and scholarships.
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
- Military/VA Scholarship
- Drs. Nima Patel and Daniel McNaughton Scholarship Fund: 2-year | 4-year
- National Scholarship for College Students with Disabilities
- Open Education Database
- PayScale’s annual Women in STEM scholarship
- PFLAG Hartford for allies to or members of the LGBTQ community
- Plymouth State University transfer scholarship:
- Professional Women in Construction CT Chapter Scholarship Application
- Remote DBA Scholarship (Submission deadline March 15)
This is a new $3,500 scholarship award open to current and incoming college students pursuing studies in computer science or computer engineering.
- SBM Charitable Foundation Scholarships: www.sbmfoundation.org
- Scholarship America – Dream Award
- Thermo Scientific Pierce Scholarship
- Waterbury Dental Hygienists Association Scholarship Application
- Guide to Financial Aid for Women
Always beware of scholarship scams! Check with the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.com) regarding complaints – make sure the scholarship program itself is reputable – Reputable scholarships do not charge money for your application!
For more information, contact the Office of Financial Aid Services, at 860.773.1422.