Student Support Services and Resources
ACADEMIC ADVISING CENTER
100 Building • 860.773.1510 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Advising
- Career Counseling
- Transfer Counseling
ACADEMIC SUCCESS & TUTORING CENTER
600 Building: Room 6-109 • 860.773.1530 • email@example.com
- Free Tutoring
- Student Accessibility Services
- Learning Strategies Series
- Algebra Lab (Room 302
- English Lab (Room 301)
- Mental Health Counseling & Wellness Services
firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.773.1550
ADMISSIONS & ENROLLMENT CENTER (AEC)
700 Building, across the hall from Tunxis Library
email@example.com • 860.773.1490
- Works with all new & readmitted students applying to the college, provides information about Tunxis academic programs and processes Transfer Credit
- Evaluations for students seeking transfer credits from other colleges and universities.
Financial Aid Services
firstname.lastname@example.org • 860.773.1422
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Grants, scholarships, loans, work-study
email@example.com • 860.773.1441
- Administers student academic records, the course registration and withdrawal process, and enrollment verification
- Graduation information
- Password reset information
- Degree Works
100 Building • 860.773.1338 • txcc-shop.com
- Classroom supplies, computers, cameras, gift items, college clothing
BUSINESS OFFICE/CASHIER’S OFFICE
Founders Hall • 860.773.1320 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Billing, payments plans, refunds
- Students can ride buses (and trains) without paying a fare with a U-PASS CT transit card. Transit cards and additional information are available at the Computer Center (Lab), Room 317.
- Passes are good for an entire semester.
- Bus schedules are available at the Welcome Center located in the main lobby of the 100 Building.
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT INSTITUTE (CEI)
600 Building/Room 6-129 • 860.773.1642/1966
- CEI is a vibrant intellectual space where ideas are discussed and debated for facilitating knowledge and civility and fostering solutions to community problems.
Open to all students
300 Building: Room 317 • 860.773.1390
- Photo I.D.’s, password resets, U-PASS transit card
CONNTAC (Connecticut Talent Assistance Cooperative)
100 Building • 860.773.1492 • Conntacinc.org
- Helps students enroll and apply for financial aid
- Assists with scholarship search process
CONTINUING EDUCATION AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
700 Building • 860.773.1448 • email@example.com
- Non-credit, career training programs
EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER LAB SCHOOL
300 Building • 860.773.1350 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early learning experiences for children ages 3-5 years old
- Open to students, faculty, staff, and general public
- Nationally accredited program (NAEYC)
- Discount rates for children of Tunxis students
- Full-time and part-time childcare
100 Building • 860.773.1353 • email@example.com
- The Corner Café
Semester hours: Mon.-Thurs., 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Fridays, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
LIBRARY AND INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES
700 Building • 860.773.1550 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Available to students, faculty, staff and public. The Tunxis Library & Instructional Technologies provides information,
resources, assistance with online courses, and study space for Tunxis students, including group study rooms, computers, printers, scanners, collaboration equipment, free wifi, and a 24-seat classroom.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES/STUDENT LOUNGE
Founders Hall • 860.773.1361 • email@example.com
- Provides opportunities for involvement and leadership, includes activities, College-wide committees, clubs & organizations, and programming.
STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION (SGA)
Founders Hall (Next to Student Lounge) • 860.773.1363
- The official voice of the Tunxis student body
- Helps to plan activities and provides a means of communication within the college structure
- SGA meetings are held every two weeks
Founders Hall • firstname.lastname@example.org • 860.773.1364
- A special area devoted to Tunxis’ veterans offering access to technology and a quiet place to study.
- A place for Tunxis veterans to meet fellow servicemen and women, and to find updates, information and
other services from the VA and other Veteran’s support organizations.