Student Support Services and Resources
ACADEMIC ADVISING CENTER
100 Building • 860.773.1510 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Advising
- Career Counseling
- Transfer Counseling
ACADEMIC SUCCESS & TUTORING CENTER
600 Building: Room 6-109 • 860.773.1530 • email@example.com
- Free Tutoring
- Student Accessibility Services
- Learning Strategies Series
- Algebra Lab (Room 302
- English Lab (Room 301)
- Mental Health Counseling & Wellness Services
firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.773.1550
ADMISSIONS & ENROLLMENT CENTER (AEC)
700 Building, across the hall from Tunxis Library
email@example.com • 860.773.1490
- Works with all new & readmitted students applying to the college, provides information about Tunxis academic programs and processes Transfer Credit
- Evaluations for students seeking transfer credits from other colleges and universities.
Financial Aid Services
firstname.lastname@example.org • 860.773.1422
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Grants, scholarships, loans, work-study
email@example.com • 860.773.1441
- Administers student academic records, the course registration and withdrawal process, and enrollment verification
- Graduation information
- Password reset information
- Degree Works
100 Building • 860.773.1338 • txcc-shop.com
- Classroom supplies, computers, cameras, gift items, college clothing
BUSINESS OFFICE/CASHIER’S OFFICE
Founders Hall • 860.773.1320 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Billing, payments plans, refunds
- Students can ride buses (and trains) without paying a fare with a U-PASS CT transit card. Transit cards and additional information are available at the Computer Center (Lab), Room 317.
- Passes are good for an entire semester.
- Bus schedules are available at the Welcome Center located in the main lobby of the 100 Building.
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT INSTITUTE (CEI)
600 Building/Room 6-129 • 860.773.1642/1966
- CEI is a vibrant intellectual space where ideas are discussed and debated for facilitating knowledge and civility and fostering solutions to community problems.
Open to all students
300 Building: Room 317 • 860.773.1390
- Photo I.D.’s, password resets, U-PASS transit card
CONNTAC (Connecticut Talent Assistance Cooperative)
100 Building • 860.773.1492 • Conntacinc.org
- Helps students enroll and apply for financial aid
- Assists with scholarship search process
CONTINUING EDUCATION AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
700 Building • 860.773.1448 • email@example.com
- Non-credit, career training programs
EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER LAB SCHOOL
300 Building • 860.773.1350 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early learning experiences for children ages 3-5 years old
- Open to students, faculty, staff, and general public
- Nationally accredited program (NAEYC)
- Discount rates for children of Tunxis students
- Full-time and part-time childcare
100 Building • 860.773.1353 • email@example.com
- The Corner Café
Semester hours: Mon.-Thurs., 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Fridays, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
LAUNCH YOUR LEADERSHIP JOURNEY
- Launch Your Leadership Journey is a free leadership development program offered each semester at Tunxis Community College which offers women the tools they need to be successful leaders in college, in their communities, and in their careers.
LIBRARY AND INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES
700 Building • 860.773.1550 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Available to students, faculty, staff and public. The Tunxis Library & Instructional Technologies provides information,
resources, assistance with online courses, and study space for Tunxis students, including group study rooms, computers, printers, scanners, collaboration equipment, free wifi, and a 24-seat classroom.
The Tunxis Food Pantry is open to all employees and currently registered Tunxis credit and non-credit students in good standing. No income verification is required.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES/STUDENT LOUNGE
Founders Hall • 860.773.1361 • email@example.com
- Provides opportunities for involvement and leadership, includes activities, College-wide committees, clubs & organizations, and programming.
STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION (SGA)
Founders Hall (Next to Student Lounge) • 860.773.1363
- The official voice of the Tunxis student body
- Helps to plan activities and provides a means of communication within the college structure
- SGA meetings are held every two weeks
Founders Hall • firstname.lastname@example.org • 860.773.1364
- A special area devoted to Tunxis’ veterans offering access to technology and a quiet place to study.
- A place for Tunxis veterans to meet fellow servicemen and women, and to find updates, information and
other services from the VA and other Veteran’s support organizations.