Non-degree students are not required to complete the transfer credit evaluation process below.
Who is a non-degree student?
- a student who does not plan to earn a degree from Tunxis
- a student who does not plan to use financial aid to finance their education at Tunxis
Examples of this would be students taking a class to transfer to another institution or for personal enrichment.
Transfer credit evaluation process for degree-seeking students
Degree-seeking students have selected a major and are working toward a degree, certificate, or credential at Tunxis.
Students transferring to Tunxis from another college or university must complete the College application process. To have credits transferred to Tunxis from other colleges or universities, students also must have an official copy of their transcripts sent to the Tunxis Admissions Office and submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form.
At all community colleges, degree and certificate credit shall be granted only for credit courses completed at all institutions within the Connecticut state system of higher education and at all other collegiate institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation as either a Regional Accrediting Organization or a Specialized and Professional Accrediting Organization in accordance with the following:
- Degree and certificate credit shall be granted for all credit courses that are applicable to the objectives of, or equivalent to the course requirements of, the curriculum in which the transferring student enrolls. Credit work that is not applicable or equivalent to curriculum requirements shall be accepted for credit at the discretion of the College. Degree and certificate credit shall also be granted on the basis of performance on examinations in accordance with standards and limits approved by the Board of Regents.
- Degree and certificate credit shall be granted for credit courses completed with a letter grade of “C-” or better, or with a grade of “P” (Pass). Such credit courses shall be accepted only for credit, and letter grades assigned by other institutions shall not be recorded or included in computations of student grade point averages.
- Not withstanding the number of degree or certificate credits which shall be granted in accordance with the foregoing, the student must complete at least 25% of the minimum credit requirements for the degree or certificate through course work at the college awarding the degree or certificate.
For more information, contact the Admissions Office at 860.773.1490 or via email email@example.com.